10 Things To Consider When Analysing A Company Acquisition 


10 Things To Consider When Analysing A Company Acquisition 

1- How many years have they been on the market? I look for established companies with at least 5 years on the market. 

2- Why are they selling? Understanding their Why is a very important factor. 

3- What is the business model and pricing? 

4- Growth opportunity: How can I add value? 

5- What are the key assets? Like: Brand, Customers, Website, Social media accounts, Softwares, Equipment, machinery. 
6- Seller financing available?  As I use other people's capital + seller financing to purchase companies, it's important to ask. 

7- Do they have a data room in place? After signing a NDA, I would request the latest 3 Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss and Tax Returns. 

8- TTM Gross Revenue & TTM Profit: Trailing twelve months (TTM) is a measurement of a company's financial performance over a 12 month period (income and expenses) I regularly check this.

9- Adjusted EBITDA: What's the operating profit of this business after paying a fair CEOs salary?

10- SDE: How much money would I be able to put in my pocket?

Hope this helps you to analyse better your next acquisition ! 

Regards,

SHEHZAD QURESHI 
ENTREPRENEUR AND GROUP CEO 


Other Topics: